Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fudgy Yummy Brownies



Jason and I had some friends over on Saturday night- we dined on vegetarian asian food (I got Jason to enjoy tofu!), followed by some Wii fun and a few rounds of Apples to Apples and- of course- brownies for dessert.  Our friends brought their cute baby too- he dined on some milk followed by some zzz's or attempt of zzz's to the fine tune of static. I think he knew we were having too much fun while he was sleeping and didn't want to be stuck listening to static, so he let us know he wouldn't have any of it. But he was a well behaved little guy, and I hope any crying that he did do... well I hoped it freaked out the neighbors since I don't particularly care for any of them. Haha. (And side note- ironically after our friends left, we went out quickly and on our way out saw one neighbor trying to use some sonic dog thing to stop another neighbors dog from barking.)


Now onto the brownies... I've never made them from scratch before, but thought this would be a good time to try them out. Unlike most people who experiment on their own first before trying things out on guests... I experiment with my guests! It's easier that way... unless it doesn't come out right. And in those cases, well... I don't know in those cases yet.

Making brownies from scratch is pretty easy, but I had forgotten about the many forms a brownie can take. Fudgy, chewy, cakey. Too many options. I went with a recipe that was suppose to be chewy and fudgy, but my brownies turned out just fudgy. Don't get me wrong. They were good! And my pic is what was left after our little dinner party last night... they were that good! So if you're a fan of a fudgy brownie, then this recipe is for you. If you're a fan or chewy, which I am, you'll have to stay tuned until I find a chewy brownie recipe. 

Recipe adapted from: The Pioneer Woman Blog:
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used a mixture of milk chocolate chips & bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
* Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.

1. Sift and combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a small pan, melt butter, milk and sugar on low heat. Stir constantly.
3. When the butter/sugar mixture starts to come to a boil, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Stir in flour mixture.
7. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
8. Pour batter into parchment lined pan and bake for 30-40 mins or until done.
9. Let cool, slice into squares and enjoy! Yum!
Yum! Eat me!

No comments:

Post a Comment