Sunday, February 6, 2011

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies



Must not be a slacker... and must update blog! I baked some triple chocolate-chocolate chip cookies not that long ago and I haven't gotten a chance to update this blog. And they were pretty darn good cookies too if I do say so myself. Not to mention I made white chocolate peanut butter blondies and didn't even take any pictures of them. Also, I threw them out. Not so much because they were bad, but more so, they weren't my cup of tea. Too peanut buttery and the white chocolate wasn't super high quality white chocolate (sorry Trader Joes, but it's true!). Ahhh so before I go on anymore tangents, lets get to the nitty gritty of these triple chocolate-chocolate chip cookies
, requested and inspired by Jason (my boyfriend, who loves cookies, especially those in chocolate nature).

I used this recipe from AllRecipes.com. They call it Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I went all crazy and used white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate chips for these cookies (hence triple chocolate, chocolate chip cookies).

They were fairly easy to make, and when first out of the oven taste almost brownie-esque.

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1/2 cup hershey's cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. ( All Recipes says 350, but I find that too low)
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
3. Beat butter, white and brown sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in one egg at a time & add vanilla.
5. Mix in flour mixture until incorporated.
6. Add in chocolate chips.
7. Drop dough by 1 tbspful onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.
9. Take out of oven, let cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Eat them with milk.... yum!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment