I guess I may be spoiled. My work feeds me lunch everyday. And it's generally pretty good. But I've been trying to get on the healthy bandwagon and bring my own lunch to work lately. I've never been good about bringing my lunch to work. I usually half throw things together and- at least prior to my current job- would usually eat what I brought because I had no choice. It gets trickier when your work has lunch ready for you. Warm and tasty food generally speaking as well. It's easier to leave your brown bag in the fridge and just get in line for lunch. So in an attempt to make take to work lunches more appealing,
I'm looking for easy and tasty meals to prepare at home and bring into work. I'll try to make this a weekly thing too if it works out!
So this was last weeks lunch, but I much approve of it. It was adapted from Everyday Food's March edition of a Greek salad. My recipe is a little bit simpler, but still really good!
Since it's a salad my measurements won't be exact. It's salad- it's easy to improvise!
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small tomato, diced
- 2-3 tbsp black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
1. Toss all ingredients into a bowl or tupperware (if you're taking to work)
2. Squeeze lemon juice from the half lemon onto ingredients
3. Add olive oil and salt & pepper
4. Mix until combined and coated
5. Take to work, store in fridge and then eat!
Yum, nice and healthy work lunch.