I'm a bad blogger. I've been getting used to leave work at decent hours and I have been enjoying that too much to type up fun recipes. But I'm back for now! This one is an easy one.
Homemade fried rice. It's easy, versatile and less bad for you that your local take out place (and way better than Panda Express).
Here's the base recipe (note measurements are rough):
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 green onion, diced
2-3 cups of cooked rice (brown or white is fine)
Splashes of oil
* Use a non-stick pan (easier cleaning, less oil needed)
1. Heat up your pan w/ some oil (1 tbsp will probably do the trick)
2. Add garlic and sauté until golden
3. Add onion and sauté until brown and fragrant
4. Add in rice, cook until warm
5. Splash on some soy sauce (should coat the rice, but not overwhelm the rice) 2-3 splashes will do.
6. Crack open the egg over the rice. Move rice around until rice is coated and egg is cooked
7. Add a bit of hot sauce for heat.
8. Remove from pan, top with green onions.
Fun Trick: If you don't keep rice around too much, buy the frozen kind. I buy Trader Joe's frozen brown rice and can whip up this quick dinner in about 15 minutes. I just heat the rice in the microwave until warm, but not hot.