Monday, June 25, 2012

Basil Walnut Pesto



I think every couple of months I remember about this blog. Oops! I'm going to try this again. Let's talk about Basil Walnut Pesto and how great it is. I actually never liked pesto (always too much of a bite from the one's I've had), but since I had all this Basil growing in my patio garden, thought I may try to make my own.
 I used this recipe, but accidentally changed up the measurements because I thought I was using a 1/3 c measuring cup when I was really using a 1/4 c measuring cup.

Modified Recipe
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup basil leaves
2 cloves of smashed garlic
Dash of salt
Pasta for two, cooked
Note: Reserve a few tbsps of pasta water

Steps:
1. Cook pasta
2. While pasta is cooking, combine walnuts, olive oil, basil leaves, garlic & salt into a blender or food processor. Grind until smooth and saucy.
3. Once pasta is done, drain & reserve some pasta water. Set aside pasta.
4. Heat up a pan, add pesto sauce, pasta and 1-2 tbsps of pasta water. Combine until you like the consistency and remove from heat once pasta & sauce is warm.
5. Serve with some parmesan cheese. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment