Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes



Weekends = fun breakfasts and today was a good day for blueberry pancakes made from scratch. Homemade pancakes are just as easy as using a box mixed and way better as well. I have been looking for a better recipe to use as usually my pancakes don't always turn out to be so fluffy. Thanks to the internet though, I quickly found a good recipe that was simple in steps from Once Upon a Chef.


Her recipe is an adaptation from the NY Times Cookbook. The results were fluffier pancakes and a recipe which I think is worth keeping around.  I modified the recipe slightly, adding less melted butter, less sugar and added vanilla. I think next time, I may add the full sugar amount and probably measure out the salt too ( I did just a dash because I lively dangerously like that).

Recipe Adapted from Once Upon a Chef

1 cup flour (leveled off w/ a knife)
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of salt
3 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
Oil or butter for your pan

Instructions:
1. Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Add in melted butter.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until just mixed. Do not over mix.
4. Stir in blueberries
5. Heat pan and add enough oil or butter to keep your pancake mixing from sticking.
6. Add batter to the pan and make your pancakes.

Yields 6-7 medium size pancakes.


TIP: Pancakes are quick cakes/breads and all quick cakes should not be over-mixed. Over-mixing leads to less fluffy pancakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment