Monday, November 15, 2010

Baking Club!

Did you know I belong to a club? A baking club? While I haven't made it to alot of our meetings, I did get to host this past weekend. It was nice to catch up with some old friends, make a new one and try out some new recipes.

We made cinnamon apple coffee cake, pumpkin bundt cake and chocolate cupcakes, ate some lunch and had some fun.

Here are my reviews on the recipes:


Apple Coffee Cake recipe from Betty Crocker:
This is a pretty simple coffee cake to make and it tasted pretty good. The strussel crumb topping is always my favorite in a coffee cake.


Pumpkin Bundt Cake recipe from ... I need to get it from Wendy:
As you can you see from the picture our cake had a little accident. It didn't come out of the pan all the way.  So we put the glaze inbetween the broken layers, which helped it to stick together as a whole piece.
This was my favorite of the day. It didn't taste too much like pumpkin and was very moist. I recommend this one for the season... but will need to post the recipe later! Oops....



Chocolate Cupcakes with Irish Cream Glaze
Chocolate cupcake recipe from a google search: Cake on the Brain Blog
Irish cream glaze a simple mix of powder sugar, a touch of milk and a splash of Irish Cream syrup (all eye balled and made up by me)
The result- the batter looked like chocolate mousse, which is always a good indicator. But the finished product wasn't as moist and because this was a dark chocolate cupcake, it could have benefited from some chocolate frosting. But that would have taken too long.


Well that's all I've got for now. Must prepare for Thanksgiving soon. I'll be posting some of my fave Thanksgiving recipes shortly. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment