Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner: Part I

Google Images confirms the popularity and goodness if this dish

Thanksgiving is fun. I really enjoy hanging out with my family and making Thanksgiving dinner. This year will be my second year making the complete dinner and this is one meal where I don't try and make everything from scratch. It's part of the fun... right? Cranberry jelly that's shaped like a can, canned yams and marshmallows.... they're staples at our dinner. Even if I think yams are gross.

One of my favorite side dishes is something not thanksgiving-ish at all. My mom found this recipe several years ago for Strawberry Pretzel Salad and now we make every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's so good. You should make it right now. And eat it. It's that's good. It's made of a layer of pretzel crust, cream cheese- whipped cream middle and strawberry jello layered on top. Yum. It's salty, savory and sweet in one dish and very addicting. I could eat it all. Oh and use frozen strawberries if you're not lucky enough to have them year round like we do here in California.

But here's your chance to get the recipe. I use one from All Recipes. Com.

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Make it now and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment