Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Baking!



'Tis the season for cookies! Baking, decorating, giving and eating cookies! I don't know how but I always end up too busy in December to properly think out my cookie baking for the month. So far I have baked 0 cookies in December, but this will change. This year I plan on trying out some new recipes, but I do have some go to recipes that I break out this time of year that I would like to tell you about!


2. Soft Old Fashion Sugar Cookie (with a hint of almond extract) They're way better than rolled sugar cookies
3. Spice Cookies (better than gingerbread)
4. Lemon Bars
5. Rice Crispy Treats (not technically a cookie, but hey)
6. Snickerdoodles

I'll have you know that I started this post about a week ago. And then things just got busy and crazy. I was in a gingerbread contest at work which ended up being more epic than first thought. I was also struck with food poisioning for like 2-3 days which was super lame and sucked. Then there was the work party and around Thursday I just needed to sleep.

So what are my cookie plans this year you may ask? They are grand and I may... may just need to scale them down, but I don't want to! Here's my plan thus far:

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Spice Cookies
3. Chocolate peppermint 'oreos'
4. Almond Madelines (mom's request)
5. Lemon Bars
6. Macaroons
7. Marshmallows (dipped in white chocolate with cute sprinkles)

Not to mention my Christmas dessert plans:
1. Black Forest Cake
2. Apple Pie

Where to begin?? I need to research recipe and buy ingredients.  Hoping to update this blog before Christmas as well to show you how these all turned out!

Happy Christmas and Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment