Monday, December 20, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

First, a shout out to my friend Stephanie who posted a pic of the Ginger Wars house that my co-worker and I created for a work competition! Go to her blog to check it out! Plus her blog is cool in general with a lot of fashion, home decorating and all around craftiness! Go check it out!

Now onto cookie business... I probably shouldn't post cookie fails on my blog, but I am going to anyways. I finally baked some holiday cookies and I'm convinced the baking soda was bad! And that's why my cookies failed to rise. Because it couldn't have been an user error... right?!? Don't get me wrong, they're actually not that bad, they're chewy and crisp and a good flavor...
but just a bit too flat for my tastes! Plus, I used whole wheat flour which makes the cookies look even darker. See in the pics, they're not at all burnt- just an oatmeal cookie on holiday- with a pretty dark tan!



I'm going to bring these suckers into work anyways- 'tis the season for baking fails! Uh well!

Recipe from All Recipes

- I used all purpose wheat flour and all butter instead of butter and shortening in my attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment