Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes



So my weekend started off wonderful... took off early from work on Friday, woke up early Saturday to take my car in for an oil change
and get my headlight bulb replaced, went to visit my parents and hung out with my mom, got a really cool tote bag from the thrift store for 86 cents (!) and then went back to LA and hung out with Jason. We both wanted mexican food for dinner at this place that we haven't been to for awhile, got in without any wait... then we started heading home at got hit by a car! Fun. No one was hurt and it was over pretty quickly, but still... pretty lame. We were just sitting at a stoplight and out of nowhere- crash.

Anyhow, what does this have to do with my baking blog? Basically I just wanted today, Sunday, to be a nice and comforting day. And the best way to start off any nice and comforting day is with silver dollar sized blueberry buttermilk pancakes, a side of berries and some fresh brewed coffee. Sounds inviting, doesn't it? It was. And it helped to start the day off on a better foot.
Comfort


I used the All Recipes site again for my recipe, and these turned out to be some pretty darn good pancakes. 

Recipe, adapted from this recipe on All Recipes

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup buttermilk (I used 1 cup milk & 1 tbsp lemon juice)
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
Dash of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Handful of blueberries

Instructions
1.     Mix all dry ingredients into 1 bowl and set aside
2.     Whisk all wet ingredients together
3.     Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated
4.     Add in blueberries to mix
5.     Heat skillet to medium heat (add butter or use a bit of cooking spray)
6.     Drop batter into pan and cook until edges become a little firm, flip and cook until brown
7.     Eat and enjoy!


* Serves 3-4 people

No comments:

Post a Comment