Monday, April 18, 2011

French Toast



Do you have a dish that you make without an aid for of a recipe? Something you just toss together and it's always the same way each time, regardless of the fact you didn't measure anything?

French toast is that recipe for me. It's such an easy dish.
My mom taught me the recipe, I think, many years ago. My mom taught me to add the splash of OJ to add some sweetness.

Anyways, it's always the same depending on how many we're serving. This weekend's serving was for 2, so it was just 1 egg, a big splash of milk, a smaller splash of orange juice, a few dashes of cinnamon and a little bit of vanilla extract. Beat all ingredients together and dip both sides of a slice of bread into the batter and cook until done.

So simple and so good. Go on, give it a whirl.

Do you have a non-recipe dish in your stash of recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment